[mythtv-users] mytharchive errors

David Petticrew david at petticrew.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jul 30 01:42:52 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/27/06 19:53, David Petticrew wrote:
>
>> mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com wrote:

>>> I'm not positive, but I think that it looks like you're old install
>>> (0.19) of Myth might still be around somewhere.
>>>
>> I do still have my 0.19 around. I'm actually still running it. I tend to
>> be very cautious about upgrades, so I install the new version to a new
>> directory, while keeping the old one in the original directory. Then
>> when I have everything running as I want it, then I switch my startup
>> scripts to point to the new directory.
>>
>> Does this mean I can't do this, that the two versions won't co-exist on
>> the same system, even in separate directories?
>>

> It's possible to compile them both on the same system, but you'll need a
> pretty good understanding of the tool chain to get it to work.

OK, I figured out where the compile error was coming from. I was
installing the svn version into /opt/mythtv-svn while having 0.19 in
/opt/mythtv however, my /etc/ld.so.conf file hadn't been updated to the
new directory. Since the libraries in the old and new locations are
going to conflict I am going to need to rethink my upgrade strategy.

David Petticrew