[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this (overlap/back-to-back) with recordings?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sat Jul 29 23:13:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 09:19:17PM -0600, Chad wrote:
> Another reason why I don't agree with this approach is that if the
> user is "intelligent" enough to be tweaking pre-post roll recording
> options, they ought to at least have the vaguest idea of how to view
> what changes are being made to their recording schedule.

Perhaps it would help if all of the various ways of seeing the
schedule were aware of the pre/post buffers and displayed them.
Instead of seeing two shows from 1800:1900 and 1900:2000 and
wondering why they are conflicting, it should show 1758:1902 and
1858:2002 or even 1800-2:1900+2 and 1900-2:2000+2.  In the EPG it
could display the pre/post buffers using a coloured bar in the
adjacent slot (similar to the way the current time is indicated
using shading in the first slot).  I'd think that mythweb would be
the hardest interface to change.