[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this (overlap/back-to-back) with recordings?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 21:12:38 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/28/06 04:04, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > And it means constant vigilence of
> >upcomming recordings, occassionally having to manually tweek the
> >schedules,
>
> And, most importantly, if only users were smart enough to recognize that
> certain pairs of shows would constantly cause conflicts with the
> schedules they've set (due to constantly having to fix them on the
> Manage Conflicts screen) and went back and fixed the schedule to
> automatically do the right thing every time.  Then, they wouldn't have
> to maintain "constant vigilence" of upcoming recordings...

Broadcast schedules change. This is where I have been caught out in
the past, despite checking the upcomming recordings every couple of
days. A program that was immediately after another program isn't
anymore - the start gets cut off because there the padding it needed
was removed to prevent a conflict. And there is no warning for that
case.