[mythtv-users] Category & Category_Type in program table

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 12:07:44 UTC 2006

> Attached is a patch for the old immir script.  The 'star-rating' is simply
> translated from the rating field to over come an old Mythtv short coming.
> The format of the star field is important and Mythweb supports up to 4 stars
> with half stars, hence the divide by 8.

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit confused about the star rating field.
In the data that comes from 9MSN it's an out of 10 rating which I had
assumed just needed to be converted to stars out of 5 for MythTV. But
the patch you sent seems to convert it into a classification such as
G, M, MA etc. Have I misunderstood what the star-rating field in the
XML file is all about?

Regards,
Phill