[mythtv-users] Problems with LiveTV

Jeff jeff at propixs.com
Fri Jul 28 04:03:08 UTC 2006

This is my first post so please be kind....

I've been running mythtv for about two years now and about a month ago
upgraded (rebuilt) my system and am now running the latest .19-fixes
from gentoo which I do believe is the latest .19-fixes (10505) and have
had problems ever since upgrading with liveTV locking up and HDTV
dropping frames for 720P video until after I pause/unpause it then plays
back smoothly most of the time (this problem was evident in .18.1 also)
As far as liveTV every time it locks up the the frontend log fills up
with " Ignoring livetv eof in decoder loop" until I exit liveTV and of
course this happens at the show transition.
Also an interesting note I've seen is fairly frequently I get these
messages in the frontend logs (using OpenGL for Video Timing):
2006-07-27 20:14:00.522 NVP: Video is 3.85111 frames ahead of audio,
dropping frame.
2006-07-27 20:14:00.524 NVP: Video is 4.43182 frames ahead of audio,
dropping frame.

And the last Observation I had with the .19-fixes is when I view the
position of the playback it is normally somewhere between 3 seconds
behind to practically zero seconds behind which strikes me as very odd.
I don't know if it makes any difference but I am using a set top box
controlled through an IR blaster and when changing channels mythtv
records the actual channel change (I can see the button presses
displayed on the OSD for the STB) so maybe thats why it isn't very far
behind live.

My real question is I haven't seen much traffic on the list recently
with regards to livetv lockups and wanted to know if I am the only one
that is having these problems.  If so anyone got some pointers.  I
really don't want to have to try to get back to  .18.1 but my wife is
going to kill me if the  TV keeps locking up.

Thanks
Jeff