[mythtv-users] Switch to enable "TiVO" like experience? WAS Re:mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 15:36:28 UTC 2006

> It will be interesting to see how the cap works in Australia around
> October. The only show I know of that runs continuously for over 8hrs is
> the V8 Supercars from Mt Panorama, Bathurst. We get a live feed from 7am
> to 5pm on one of our free to air channels. It will also be a test of
> "over" recording too as there have been years where the race did not
> finish before 5pm! Anyway, I now my myth box will be set to record this
> anyway in the hope that it can vastly improve on my VCR with a 300min
> tape in :)
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

I would think in this situation though that any LiveTV issues wouldn't
come into play.  I obviously haven't got a clue how "big" the event
is, but wouldn't you set it to record, and then at your 'leasure' come
in and start watching the recording?

Over here, I don't "LiveTV" the SuperBowl.  I set a recording Job,
then when everyone has arrived, we start watching it, from the
beginning, even though it's ~20 minutes into it.

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com