[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this(overlap/back-to-back) with recordings?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jul 27 09:56:43 UTC 2006

>> ps: MythTV will be able to record overlapping programs with only one
>> card. It's on my list.
>
> Hey Janne,
>
> It's also on Aaron McCarthy's list and on trac here
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1772 just in case you didn't know :-)
> (well the patch there can do it at the moment I think, but it's the start
> of
> bigger and better things so you can record multiple channels from a single
> mux with one tuner at the same time!)

I would treat this as a totally different issue - mixing DVB into what
started as (what I believe was) a simple single tuner card, single
channel, consecutive program issue into an all singing and all dancing,
loads of programs simultaneously, is a mistake that leads along the road
to bloat!

--
Robin Gilks