[mythtv-users] mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 01:01:49 UTC 2006

> Wish I could afford an extra satellite HD tuner for that. I refuse to
> support Comcast in any way.

That's exactly the problem though, isn't it?  You need 2 Satellite HD
*receivers* to tune the 2 channels at the same time, or am I missing
something obvious?  If someone is "over at your house channel surfing"
via your MythTV setup, they are tying up that tuner.  Unless you've
got another satellite receiving hooked up to a second tuner (or the
second half of a PVR500) then they are already screwing with your
scheduled recordings since you're basically 'maxed out', regardless of
how Myth will handle back-to-back recordings, this is the case, isn't
it?

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com