[mythtv-users] Switch to enable "TiVO" like experience? WAS Re: mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 17:55:10 UTC 2006

> It wouldn't be that hard at all.  Like when you exit a normal recording
> by pressing ESC, you could have an option to present the user with a
> choice such as "Continue recording this show", "Delete the buffer for
> this show", and "Exit".  And just like Watch Recordings, there could be
> an option to have one of those choices automatically made.  Of course, I
> would never use that choice because it would just tie  up my tuner
> likely causing problems for things I really wanted to schedule.  It
> likely would be little use to have those options until the system could
> choose to interrupt a live recording in progress for a scheduled
> recording and I don't see alot of effort going into that when the same
> thing is basically achieved by having the user only press R before they
> exit when they want to keep something going.
>
> Kevin

That definitely sounds like a better implementation.  I think it
should still be tied to a toggle somewhere in the TV section (maybe
next to the expire LiveTV option) to enable this functionality.  As
noted above, people who have already become accustomed to using the
record button would be uber-annoyed if everytime they leave LiveTV
they are prompted with that box.  Toggle the pop-up box I guess would
be the functionality of that button.

Thanks for the follow ups!  I am personally not interested in this
feature, but I might look into integrating it in and submitting the
small change to trac.  I am not opposed to the option existing for
those who want it.

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com