[mythtv-users] What does Myth *really* require in terms ofwindowingr?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 16:38:17 UTC 2006

One thing to that comes to mind on this discussion happens to me in my
line of work a lot being that I design graphics workstations for
medical imaging research. In my line of work the data set for a single
reading can be 1GB to 2 GB of data that needs to be loaded and
displayed on multiple ultra high resolution 2.5K x 2.0K monitors.
Since the data set is soo large compared to the software size (a few
megabytes) we have come to the conclusion that it's really pointless
to spend any large amount of time reducing the size of the code as it
is insignifigant. I believe the same applies here. How big is a
typical show compared to the size of the window manager itself? For me
I record at 2.2GB / hour.