[mythtv-users] Help with MythVideo

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jul 25 22:48:19 UTC 2006

On Jul 25, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Timothy Bish wrote:

> Hey guys
>

> I posted this morning about not being able to see videos in folders
> that I mount into my /mythtv/videos folder.  I got home and look
> under settings->video manager hoping to find a way to scan for
> videos.  There doesn’t seem to be anything in there to do this.
> The page open with a message about no videos being found and there
> doesn’t appear to be any controls in here to trigger a scan.
>

> I verified that I can see each of the directories under /mythtv/
> videos, and I can play the files in Xine manually.  So I think the
> mounts are setup correctly.
>

> Any idea what I’m not doing right here?

> Timothy A. Bish

When you go to Utilities/Setup > Video Manager it does a scan for
videos in your video directory and populates with any new ones. Until
you go there, they won't show up in the Media Library>Watch Videos.
There is an option to automatically populate the library with newly
added videos, but it's off by default. Most people like to make sure
the video has metadata/cover image before being added to the library.
Hope this helps.