[mythtv-users] Help with some setup issues for a newbie

Bish, Tim Tim.Bish at Sensis.com
Tue Jul 25 14:05:48 UTC 2006

I've got the share wide open for the moment.  So permission shouldn't be
a problem.  I probably just need to scan.

The other thing I'm fighting with right now is getting the remote
working in myth and xine.  I've got an IRTrans module in my Origin X11
case, so it uses the irserver app from IRTrans.  I've been trying to get
my Fusion5 remote configured, I've learned all the buttons from the
remote, and got the lircrc file setup and working, at least it works
sometimes.  But the Xine keymap file doesn't seem to want to work.

Its very frustrating, the irtrans doesn't seem to properly learn all the
buttons because when I set its logging to on, and have it dump button
presses some of the one's I learned don't show up as the button but as
raw code meaning it didn't map that button to its remotes files.

Ok, I'm done ranting now, thanks for the help.

Timothy A. Bish