[mythtv-users] Newbie Question - What is EIT?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Tue Jul 25 11:28:16 UTC 2006

David Watkins wrote:
> On 25/07/06, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Being new to this PVR/DVR world, can someone tell me what EIT is?
>> Wikipedia doesn't offer a clue with regards to television...
>>

> It's the transmission of programme guide information within the DVB signal.

Thanks David

Never come across it before (at least with that set of 3 letters),
currently we are still analog watchers. When I finally get my myth boxed
finished (have been building and rebuilding) I might get to see that as
I'll be changing to digital FTA.

I actually asked because I was just reading the 0.20 changelog and EIT
is mentioned a fair bit....

Cheers
Bruce