[mythtv-users] Foxtel IQ on Avermedia

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 02:18:25 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06, Fernando Serto <fernando.serto at memetrics.com> wrote:
> Oh yes! I was just testing and it already drove me crazy! Everytime I
> press anything on the foxtel remote, it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the
> action to happen on myth.
>
> That introduces another question: how to get rid of the delay?

Unfortunately you can't, at least not within Myth. The subject of the
delay has been done to death in the past, if you're interested search
the archives, but the upshot is that it's not going away.

One way you might be able to work around it is to use another program
to view the live tv from the Foxtel box, e.g. tvtime or mplayer. Get
one of those going and then replace the "Live TV" button in the MythTV
theme with a button that calls the external program. This should work
fine for you as you'll never want to use Myth to record the signal or
pause, rewind, etc.

Steve