[mythtv-users] No audio out of PVR-350 (it disappeared!)

Mito Tranin - Lists mito-lists at mitopia.net
Mon Jul 24 02:48:27 UTC 2006

   Michael T. Dean wrote:

 On 07/21/2006 10:23 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

 On 07/21/2006 09:06 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:

 Try rebooting. If the problem goes away, then the reason is most
 likely something I and at least one other user have run into: the
 250/350 occasionally forgets how to handle audio. This only happens
 to me about once every 2 months or so.

 The other way I was able to correct the problem is to use "ivtvctrl
 -H" to reload the firmware.

 Or some process has the audio device open and it's blocking access.
 Assuming you're using /dev/dsp for an audio output device, you could use
 "fuser /dev/dsp" to see if anything is using the audio.

 If so,
 [1]http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/DigitalSoundHowTo#Setting_up_ALSA.27s_.asoundrc.2C_Properly
 (even if you're not using digital output).

 Nevermind.  I just saw that you're using PVR-350 audio output.

 Mike

   Did you get this resolved yet?  If not, I've been working with Hans
   (Developer of IVTV) to fix a very similar problem with my PVR-350, however
   my audio stopped working after a kernel and IVTV update.  My sound worked
   fine with IVTV 6.2, but when I updated my kernel to 2.6.17 and IVTV to 0.7
   I couldn't get sound anymore.