[mythtv-users] building for OS X - osx-packager.pl, bus errors...

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Mon Jul 24 02:08:41 UTC 2006

On Jul 23, 2006, at 4:18 PM, Michael Sherman wrote:

>>> 3) Ran osx-packager.pl. I get linking errors with the lame library,
>>> and I'm guessing it's because I have gcc 4.0 now on my Mac. If I
>>> switch my gcc, et all links to the older 3.3 binaries, I then get a
>>> link error
>>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>>> _fprintf$LDBLStub
>>> _snprintf$LDBLStub
>>> _vfprintf$LDBLStub
>>> _sscanf$LDBLStub
>>>
>> After you switched to gcc 3.3, did you blow away the .osx-packager
>> directory so that all binaries get recompiled? That has caused me
>> issues before.
>
> Yes, I sure did.  So, are you using gcc 4.0?  How does lame manage to
> compile on your system, I wonder...  I get about two dozen linker
> errors involving /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc_eh.a.

I don't get any of those.  I don't normally use gcc 4.0, I use gcc
3.3.  What version of Xcode are you using?  I just compiled with 4.0
and LAME compiled just fine.  To validate your problem though, I did
system too.  It's different though for the two systems.... On one, I
get the bus error that you mentioned (iBook G4), on the other (Mac
Mini G4) I get an error about a missing framework... very
strange...   To be honest, Myth hasn't been my highest priority
lately, the nightly builds pretty much run themselves.....   I'm
happy to help troubleshoot though.  I trying to compile the frontend
on my iBook right now, it usually automatically runs on the mac
mini.  I'll let you know what I find out.