[mythtv-users] 'all inputs in use'? But they're not...

Christopher Couples ccouples at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 12:39:14 UTC 2006

hostname is properly set in mythtv-setup (IP 127.0.0.1; in /etc/hosts my
hostname is an alias for loopback)

I only have one digital cable box (comcast 3412) which is set as 'Other'
firewire cable box in mythtv-setup

when I try to watch LiveTV, I get the dreaded

MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you
selected. If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one from
the playback menu. If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the
in-progress recordings from the delete menu.

Ideas on where to start to troubleshoot this?

Oh, svn 10618

Thanks,
chris