[mythtv-users] Using MythTV without scheduling data (XMLTV or DataDirect), with a daily recurring recording schedule for known local channels.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 22 17:15:33 UTC 2006

On 07/21/06 18:21, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:

>>In your situation I would run Myth without any Zap2It/XMLTV type
>>service and enter all of the recording rules as "Manual" recording
>>schedules using either a front-end or MythWeb.  You can schedule
>>the manual recordings to run daily.  You pick the show title and
>>Myth can fill in the subtitle with the date and time of the
>>recording.  Set up autoexpire using either max-episodes per rule
>>(record new, expire old) to keep the collection managable or else
>>let them run wild and hope that the global auto-expire keeps you
>>safe.
>>
>I still don't understand why Zap2It/XMLTV isn't an option? the reason
>he's asking is because the business can't afford to spend money on a
>commercial listings feed. Both Zap2It and XMLTV are free, aren't
>they? So, theoretically, that should make the problem moot.

http://labs.zap2it.com/ztvws/ztvws_license/1,1053,TMS01-1,00.html

1. GRANT OF LICENSE.

(a) TMS grants You, during the term of this Agreement and subject to the
terms and conditions of this Agreement, a non-exclusive, non-assignable,
non-transferable license to use Zap2it™ Data Direct (the "Licensed
Data") for /personal/, /non-commercial/ purposes, and only as expressly
set forth in this License.

(emphasis added)

Mike