[mythtv-users] Replicated MySQL database, dynamic 'master' backend....?

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 10:15:21 UTC 2006

Backend is small form factor Compaq ENS, PIII 550MHz, 256MB. Cost me
£20 delivered! I can't praise enough the design of this machine, it is
so modular and well thought out.

Frontend is a VIA M10k. It does not break a sweat using the hw mpeg
decoder, though I should have gone for a fanless model as then there
would be no moving parts other than a DVD drive, and would use less
power still.

NAS is a Maxtor shared storage. Runs linux and has been neatly hacked
(Openmss.org) so you can run your own programs on it. Has USB ports so
I have connected my printer, and a VCD screen (plumbed through to the
frontend so the frontend does not need to be on to display a clock).

I think I could do mysql replication, but there's not much point
unless I can get mythbackend to behave as I want.