[mythtv-users] PVR-1/2/350: DVD compliant output?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 22 10:03:40 UTC 2006

> I have a PVR-150 and it seems the MPEG2 streams the card
> creates are not
> DVD compliant. DVDAuthor complains and I have to remux.
>
> Are there any settings whoch can be changed so the MPEG2
> output is DVD
> compliant?

The output from a PVR card is not fully compliant with the dvd standard. I
am not sure exactly what is missing but a remux is still going to be
required before burning to dvd. To get the closest possible, use the dvd
special 2 stream. That will allow you to do a fast remux by simply adding
the missing info while copying the file. I find that avidemux2 does a great
job manually. You might want to check out one of the dvd creation scripts
floating around the list. MythArchive is already included in the latest
development code from SVN and it does a great job automatically. Of course
you have to upgrade to the SVN version to be able to use it at the moment.