[mythtv-users] DMA Sound with AverTV (saa7134 driver)

Steven Ihde steve at x2.hamachi.us
Sat Jul 22 01:47:10 UTC 2006

I'm using an AverTV GO 007 with the saa7134 driver and kernel 2.6.17.  The
video seems to be working fine.  Sound is a problem though.  I have loaded
the saa7134-oss module, and do seem to be able to capture sound on /dev/dsp1.
However, every time I change channels, or stop watching TV and start again,
the sound goes away.

To get the sound back (even to get it to work the first time), I have to use a
mixer like aumix to change the record capture away from "video" to something
else, then back to video.  Then the sound comes back.  The mixer control
gives three choices for capture source: Line 1, Line 2, and Video.

I tried the "Don't touch audio volume" switch in the capture card
configuration, but it didn't seem to help.

Has anyone experienced or fixed this problem?  Any advice?

Thanks,

Steven Ihde