[mythtv-users] Strange playback behavior after installing new graphics card

Patrick Quinn patrick at patrickquinn.net
Sat Jul 22 00:04:04 UTC 2006

My old GeForce FX5200 overheated and died and I replaced it with a new
one, same model but a different manufacturer (Gigabyte).  Ever since
then, my frontend has been acting up.  Commercial skip no longer
happens.  There is a delay when I hit the skip button and the video is
garbled for a second or two (appears to not have a proper keyframe to
sync to).  Some recordings start 10 minutes in and can't be rewound.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the mythfrontend logs, but
I thought I saw a database error flash by (I'm not quite sure how to
get at that in Ubuntu).

Could it be the card itself that is causing this?  Is there a chance
it's caused by something else?  If so, where can I look to diagnose
this.