[mythtv-users] Weak signal causes segmentation fault

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:48:47 UTC 2006

I have a weak signal in the area that I live.  Most days are good but once
and a while bad signal will prevent Myth from recording.

Most of the time, this will simply mean that when I go to watch a recording,
it will say file does not exist and I delete it.  No problem.

When I am running svn version (I don't think it happens on 0.19), on a show
that has strong enough signal to play but still has dropped frames, the
frontend will go out on segmentation fault.  Is there a valid reason why I
would see this behavior on svn but not stable 0.19?  Any idea on how to
remedy it without going back to older, stable version (I don't have backup
of my database in the old schema).

Steve