[mythtv-users] Myth HD - requirements?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 20:30:03 UTC 2006

On 7/21/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> John P Poet wrote:
>
> >> I told him I would like a firewire enabled HD tuner box.  He said they
> >> did not have one to give me.
> >>
> >> I asked him how long before they could get one?  He said never.
> >>
> >> I told him the FCC required them to provide me with such a box.  He
> >> said that the FCC required the boxes have firewire, but did not
> >> require the port to be active.  I told him that was not true and
> >> offered to provide him with the FCC document.  He said it did not
> >> matter, that comcast would never get any boxes with firewire enabled.
> >>
> >> The City of Albuquerque has a website.  I found a form on that site
> >> for cable company complaints.  I have filled out that form.  I wonder
> >> how long it will take for the city to get back with me....
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > I just got a call from Comcast regarding my complaint on the City of
> > Albuquerque website.  She says she will get me a firewire enabled
> > SA3250HD box first thing tomorrow morning.
> >
> > John
>
> Verrrrry Innnnnterrrrresssssting. Einstein would be proud. We have now
> conclusively determined that Comcast's definition of 'Never' is 2 hours
> and 18 minutes.....being the time between your post (3:52 EDT) 'I wonder
> how long...?' and (6:10EDT) 'I just got a call'.
>
> And note that the call was from *Comcast*, not the City. I guess that
> they have 'been there, done that, got scorched!'.
>
> Geoff

Yup.  Karen (of comcast) said she would re-educate their customer
service people to know that firewire boxes *are* available.

I played with the box for about an hour -- that is how long it took me
to actually get video out of it via the firewire connector.  I have
not integrated it into Myth yet.  I also have not been able to get the
sa3250 channel changing to work, yet.

John