[mythtv-users] MythStream, MythRecipe etc....

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 21 18:45:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 01:17:46PM -0400, catfish wrote:
> Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> > Here I am reinstalling my box using Jarrod's instructions again,
> > installing Myth via RPM, and I go looking for extra bots to add. Come
> > across MythStream and MythRecipe which I want to use for increased
> > WAF...but I read on the list arcives that I can't install them as I need
> > to do it with a  source code install, not RPM.
>
> At least with MythStreamTv and TvWish don't need to compile mythtv
> itself (I also followed Jarrod's guide). MythStreamTv is just some php
> files and scripts, and mythweb itself is just php files (doesn't get
> compiled). TvWish is some perl scripts that works outside of mythtv.
>
> I gave MythReceipe a shot (note I'm not really a linux guy) but it seems
> to need at least mythtv's source code. I assume it's possible to not
> have to compile mythtv itself (does it just creates a plugin .so and
> support files?) but since I don't think I'm able to exactly match the
> same source code that atrpm used I didn't attempt to go further.

There is libmyth-devel, install that and you should most probably be
able to compile against mythtv.

I'd be interested in any packageable outcome, not only MythReceipe,
but the others, too.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net