[mythtv-users] Wow!....How Do I Sort MythVideo Folders

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:25:24 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, J. Young <jyoung82 at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> I have several folders under my video directory...
>
> Comedy, Drama, Action, Sc-Fi, etc.
>
> How do I get them to display in alphabetical order? They seem to just
> show up in an arbitrary order and it's not apparent to me why.

I had the same problem.  If you set MythVideo to browse the file system (or
something like that) it will list them in order.

Without the browsing it lists them in the order they were added (possibly
the order that the files in the folder were added).  You can go into their
records in MySQL and change the serial numbers manually to get them to sort
properly, but that's a pain in the ass.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.