[mythtv-users] Myth HD - requirements?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 03:17:21 UTC 2006

> > I called and talked to "Eddie" at Comcast of Albuquerque.
> >
> > I told him I would like a firewire enabled HD tuner box.  He said they
> > did not have one to give me.
> >
> > I asked him how long before they could get one?  He said never.
> >
> > I told him the FCC required them to provide me with such a box.  He
> > said that the FCC required the boxes have firewire, but did not
> > require the port to be active.  I told him that was not true and
> > offered to provide him with the FCC document.  He said it did not
> > matter, that comcast would never get any boxes with firewire enabled.
> >
> > The City of Albuquerque has a website.  I found a form on that site
> > for cable company complaints.  I have filled out that form.  I wonder
> > how long it will take for the city to get back with me....
> >
> > John
> >

> I just got a call from Comcast regarding my complaint on the City of
> Albuquerque website.  She says she will get me a firewire enabled
> SA3250HD box first thing tomorrow morning.
>
> John
>
> P.S. Thanks Daniel.

It's a sad day when you have to jump through hoops to "use" the
service **you** pay for.  Even sadder is that even when 'threatened'
with an FCC complaint, the company gives a rats a** about the FCC, or
it's so-called "mandates"....

A victory, sorta, if it were me, I'd physically go down to Comcast HQ
in that city, and picket, as well as constantly make FCC complaints,
in addition I'd provide form letters to everyone in my area I could;
simply sign here and send to the FCC.  Option B I'd entertain would be
a boycott or lose it; this would be something like a signature list of
current subscribers (setup a table outside the mall or at the local
store) who are outraged that Comcast will not uphold rulings imposed
by the FCC, and if they do not reverse their business practices, all
of the undersign will find another programming provider, whether
through another Cable provider (unlikely) or through one of the
satellite providers.  'F' giant corporations who think they can simply
bully the system into conforming to their idea of how things should be
run.  Where's competition?  Competition drives prices down, but it
also makes everyone play by the rules where the consumer wins.  'F'
monopolies...

/Rant off

-Chad