[mythtv-users] Recovering when zap2it screws the pooch---a warning & some questions

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jul 20 22:43:48 UTC 2006

OK, Now I understand what you are trying to do (at least I think I do)....

Try this:

Use mysqldump to back up your database!

Make 2 listings on zap2it, actually using the "#3" listing setup for
both (different names however and you will probably need to do the '2
zip code thing' to get 2 'cable digital' listings.

Assign one source to one input
Assign the other source to a different input.
Go into the channel editor, select an input (to show the channels
available to the input) and delete the unwanted/unavailable.
Ditto, mutatis mutandis.

Cross fingers...
Try some live TV...

This should work... you should see 2 listings of each channel, if 'All'
sources are shown, and 1 of each when only one source is shown... I think...

This free advice is worth what you are paying for it... Tax free however!

Geoff