[mythtv-users] Scheduling recordings from a satellite box

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 22:11:12 UTC 2006

> You need to set up an external channel changing script that changes the
> channel on the Satellite box either using a direct serial connection or
> an IR blaster or some kind of device like that.

   How would this help me? My problem is not what channel the
satellite box is tuned in at a particular moment. My problem is that
the satellite box sends the video signal to mythtv at channel 3, and
channel 3 alone. My understanding is that this can hardly be changed -
well, one could use channel 4 instead, but that seems to be pretty
much it.

  Like I said, this is not about mechanisms to get mythtv to change
the channel that the satellite box is tuned in at a particular
instant. This is, I believe, what you are describing. The problem is
the following: How can one use the  Manage Recordings -> Schedule
Recordings -> Program Guide menu in mythtv to record shows, bearing in
mind that there is only one channel, namely, 3, available to mythtv?