[mythtv-users] Myth HD - requirements?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:52:26 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Calin Brabandt <cbrabandt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:26:17 -0700
> >From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
> >Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Myth HD - requirements?
> >To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> delsp=yes; format=flowed
> >
> >On Jul 18, 2006, at 3:12 PM, John P Poet wrote:

> forces them to
> minimum.  All other
> >>
> >> Yup, did that.  They just shrugged, and stared at
> me, like "What are
> >> you going to do about it?"
> >>
> >> John
> >
> >Have the FCC shut them down until they comply?
>
> We wish!  Check out avsforum.com.  It seems many
> Comcursed subscribers have had difficulty getting
> anything done about it.  The FCC is more interested in
> planning the broadcast flag rollout (once the MPAA has
> spent money on Senators and Legislators sufficient to
> realize their agenda) than defending consumer rights.

I called and talked to "Eddie" at Comcast of Albuquerque.

I told him I would like a firewire enabled HD tuner box.  He said they
did not have one to give me.

I asked him how long before they could get one?  He said never.

I told him the FCC required them to provide me with such a box.  He
said that the FCC required the boxes have firewire, but did not
require the port to be active.  I told him that was not true and
offered to provide him with the FCC document.  He said it did not
matter, that comcast would never get any boxes with firewire enabled.

The City of Albuquerque has a website.  I found a form on that site
for cable company complaints.  I have filled out that form.  I wonder
how long it will take for the city to get back with me....

John