[mythtv-users] Recovering when zap2it screws the pooch---a warning & some questions

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Jul 20 18:01:30 UTC 2006

    > Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:44:01 -0400
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > Oh, so if you're saying that going to http://labs.zap2it.com/ and
    > viewing or modifying your lineup shows channels on the wrong channel
    > number/callsign combinations, then it is DataDirect's fault.  If things
    > look right on the web site, but look wrong in MythTV, then it's MythTV's
    > interpretation that's wrong.

Yes, I've been attempting to say all along that what I see on
labs.zap2it.com is totally wrong for one of the available lineups for
my cable provider, and Myth faithfully inhales all the wrong data and
(of course) mistunes.  That's why I had to go into the Channel Editor
and change its mind for 20+ channels.  [This could have been wrong for
a long time, because when I -first- set up that lineup, it was
correct, and even after they screwed things up, the data -was-
available on the correct XMLTV ID's even though DD assigned the wrong
channel numbers to them at some point, so I didn't even notice until I
cleared all my video sources in mythtv-setup and set them up again, in
an attempt to get Myth to notice that DD had finally moved the
problematic two channels to the right place.]

I have never said that this was a Myth bug, although you may have
been trying to say that.  I'm saying that the one of my lineups at
labs.zap2it.com was only slightly wrong (two misplaced channels)
and, around when they fixed that, they broke more than 1/3 of the
rest of the channels in that lineup.  The other lineup for that
provider has been right all along.

Hence my Subject: line.