[mythtv-users] Setting tuner type manually

Dwayne B. dab at dab-tech.com
Thu Jul 20 16:55:28 UTC 2006

On 18:40 Thu 20 Jul     , Marcus wrote:
> How do I set the tuner type manually to "38"?
> I have a PVR-150, so do I use ivtvctl to do this?
>
> I'm halfway with myth installation, just need to get the tuner working.
>
> The actual tuner is not supported by ivtv, but I found a forum post
> saying that type 38 should be compatible and it did work for the person
> with my tuner. Unfortunately nobody said how to set the tuner type.
> ivtvctl is baffling me still.
>

> Many Thanks,
>
> Marcus

It's an option that you pass to the module using modprobe or that can be
placed in /etc/modprobe.conf, not using ivtvctl.

Using modprobe:

modprobe ivtv tuner8

Or this should be added in /etc/modprobe.conf:

options ivtv tuner8

Most distros have tools to manage /etc/modprobe.conf, so check and see
what your distro has available.