[mythtv-users] Converting mythtv capture to DVD

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 05:01:18 UTC 2006

    I scheduled a recording with mythfrontend. Mythtv did the
recording fine, creating an MPEG file. This file plays under mplayer
in my Linux without problems.

   Now I fed the MPEG file to dvdauthor, using a dvdauthor.xml file
that I have successfully used numerous times to create VIDEO_TS
directories to be burnt to a DVD, which can then be played without
problems on ordinary DVD players.

   The problem is that dvdauthor seems to be unable to process the
MPEG file created by mythtv. It just prints out thousands of lines
like the following:

WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...

And, occasionally, it prints out

WARN: System header found, but PCI/DSI information is not where expected
        (make sure your system header is 18 bytes!)

The contents of the VIDEO_TS directory are of course not created.

   I guess that this must be to do with the way in which I am
capturing the video. So, how is mythtv configured so that the MPEG
files it creates are correctly processed by dvdauthor? Or, failing
that, how can these MPEG files be processed for dvdauthor?