[mythtv-users] Serial port on Motorola DCT2244 cable boxes

Go Hskrs gohskrs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 02:43:29 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Derek Meek <thekazan at gmail.com> wrote:

> It also helps to put a big tinfoil cover over the front of the DCT2k
> boxes - IE so yuo have Box, IR blaster right over the receiver, then
> huge tinfoil blocking out all intereference (it accepts out-of-band
> interference when receiving in-band transmissions - crappy crappy CRAPPY
> IR receivers)

Interesting strategy, and I can see why you'd have to do that.  (Although
there's something vaguely unsettling about my cable box wearing a tinfoil
hat -- maybe that'll mean I can't watch any UFO-themed shows ... 8^)  IR
blaster arrived today, so I have my weekend project set now.

Thanks again for your advice.