[mythtv-users] Recovering when zap2it screws the pooch---a warning & some questions

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Jul 19 22:53:52 UTC 2006

Sounds like you misunderstood things.

You need a separate zap2it lineup for each type of feed.
So it appears you want:
1)	An analog OTA (off the air) lineup;
2)	An analog channel cable lineup.
3)	An analog channel STB lineup.

These will likely have the same actual channels appearing at different
numbers. So you saw your 2,4,5,7 moved to the 30's.

But it appears that you are not actually using an antenna for OTA: you
mean the channels which are *available* OTA but which you actually get
on cable. FORGET THEIR NUMBERS. THEY MEAN NOTHING NOW!

Go into zap2it and set up 2 distinct lineups. One will only have the
cable channels you want to receive which you get *without* using the
STB. The other lineup should consist of those channels which you can
*only* get using the STB. Myth will know to tune the correct input,
because the inputs are matched to the tuner/lineup combination,

I am not sure that you can include channels in both lineups where you
can get the channel through BOTH tuner setups. It should work, but may
not. The usual idea is that each lineup is distinct. You can have
multiple tuners which receive and handle the same lineup but I am not so
sure that you can have overlaps. Should work, may not.

The one for those
 > -without- cable boxes -should- have the same mappings for the
 > non-cable-box channels, but that got changed at some point recently
 > and now looks completely messed up.

No! The channel mappings to numbers are essentially arbitrary. Every
cable co can and does use their own mapping. The non-cable-box channels
are likely to be similar among local cable-cos but the STB mappings are
often entirely different. You will have to learn to go by the call-signs.

Geoff