[mythtv-users] Change channels by entering channel callsign (was Re: Change channels by entering channel ID?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 19 20:10:16 UTC 2006

On 07/19/2006 11:24 AM, Chris Gentle wrote:

>I don't think this is currently possible.  I would like to be able to change
>channels while watching LiveTV by entering a station identifier such as SCIFI,
>USA, HISTORY, etc. from the keyboard.  The channel IDs

These are called "callsigns," not "channel IDs".  There's a very
important difference, so you'll likely find more people accepting of the
idea of you use the right term.  (I fixed the subject for you.)

> are easier to remember
>than the numbers.  I use the guide occasionally but usually prefer to just type
>in a channel number.
>
>Does anyone else think this would be useful?

Might be useful for those with easy access to keyboards.  I'm sure a
patch would be considered for inclusion.

Mike