[mythtv-users] mytharchive failing

mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com
Wed Jul 19 16:25:50 UTC 2006

Allan Wilson wrote:
> I am running Myth on the latest SVN version and Ubuntu Breezy I am
> getting the following error message when trying to run MythArchive and I
> would guess that it is probably a package but I'm not sure what I am
> hanging on. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

May be a problem with the version of whatever package is extracting the
thumbnails (imagemagick, mjpegtools?).   I'm not really sure.   All I
know, is I finally (after much tribulation) got this stuff working under
MythBurn and now it seems (though it's not much tested yet) to be also
working under MythArchive w/ SVN MythTV.

Here are some of the key package versions I noted (these are Gentoo
packages, but I imagine the version are decipherable):

media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20051216 *
media-gfx/imagemagick-6.2.4.2-r1 *
dev-python/imaging-1.1.5 *
media-video/mjpegtools-1.8.0-r1 *
media-video/transcode-0.6.14-r3 *
app-cdr/cdrtools-2.01 *

Hope that might help you or someone else trying to get MythBurn/Archive
working.

jl