[mythtv-users] Mythtv .19 live watching

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Jul 19 16:00:28 UTC 2006

    > Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:51:17 -0700
    > From: chris at cpr.homelinux.net

    > I've been having more than a few problems with recordings lately,
    > too.  I didn't change my ivtv when I upgraded Myth from0.18 to 0.19
    > because I'm still on the same kernel, but since the upgrade I'm
    > getting a lot of messages from ivtv in my dmesg output relating to
    > DMA.  The recordings sometimes stop after about 15-20 minutes, but
    > some never even start and mythweb says the file is "242736Tb" (or
    > some other rediculously large number) when it's actually empty.

Can you relate your ivtv & kernel versions & hardware parameters?

(I ask because I'll eventually be upgrading from 0.18.1 to 19 or 20,
but I intend to -not- upgrade ivtv from 0.4.1/0.4.2 (depending on
which machine we're talking about) so I can isolate what each upgrade
does before moving on---and because those ivtv versions are working
just fine with my hardware, thank you, and I see no reason to change
them until I must.  [That might happen when I upgrade the machines
from Ubuntu Breezy to Dapper, which will necessitate a kernel change,
but perhaps 0.4.x will still work okay with that kernel and I'll be
able to hold off until kernel 2.16.20 or so, whereupon ivtv will be
shipped with the kernel itself.])

P.S.  Breezy, kernel 2.16.12-10, AMD 2800+, MSI K7L2 Delta-L mobo,
MBE w/5 PVR-250's, FE/SBE w/1 PVR-350.