[mythtv-users] Live TV Tuner Priority

William Prochazka billprozac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 04:08:03 UTC 2006

Ok, I have spent the past 6mos tinkering with mythtv and love it.  My
backend server is a quad pIII Xeon w/ 1.2TB of storage.  My front ends are a
P4 3.0 SFF pc and a via epia 800.  Ok, now to to the problme.  The backend
has two cards (three tuners) 1x PVR500 and one pcHDTV5000.  They both work
great.  The problem is that no matter how I set the priorities and card ids
(I have the two PVRs higher), live tv ALWAYS starts using the HD tuner
unless the card is in use.  Since the epia is way under powered for HD
decoding, this cause a bit of heartache.  In addition, the current ATRPMS
release is causing a buffer error... timed out waiting for video buffers,
which I suspect only happens when tuning in HD channels.  In any case, I
would really like to only use the HD tuner for recording and the occasional
and intentional live viewing of HD content.