[mythtv-users] Remote access to mythtv

redcane at redcane.homelinux.org redcane at redcane.homelinux.org
Wed Jul 19 03:05:17 UTC 2006

> oh..I understand. for a second I thought there was a glimmer of hope for
> me
> to actually view some semblance of an NFL game on my TV. I am in an
> apartment stuck with the local cable provider who doesnt have nfl sunday
> ticket nor the nfl network (who is picking up games this season).

It's just a matter of bandwidth, but MPEG2 streams as I understand it are
up to 10Mb/s, and that is a very fast internet connection. If you want it
in realtime you need to be able to download that quick, and someone else
upload that quick. Of course, the other option would be to record it,
nuvexport (or similarly export it to a more compressed format), transfer
it non-realtime, and then watch it. I use this functionality a lot to get
shows onto a laptop, without chewing up all the hard disk. Of course you
still need to have a mythbox located somewhere that you can receive the
broadcast you want.