[mythtv-users] backend only without X?

Jason S. Preston acee2bee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 20:16:00 UTC 2006

salut,

changing my setup around a bit, and am gonna have a dedicated
backend.  see the nice new flags you can use to build it for just
that purpose without the frontend stuff.... anyone do this without
installing x on their backend?  the major hickup i see is mythtv-
setup being a gui app.  did i miss a cli way of rocking out the setup
without x or a monitor for that matter.  i just want to ssh into my
server from far far away, without having to plug a monitor or
keyboard, or any of that fun stuff in that will never again be used,
lest i severely break something.

not the end of the world if it's not possible, just curious of others
possible experiences.

regards,
preston