[mythtv-users] Australian TV Guides & rattling your member's cages

Terence Tan calroth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:36:57 UTC 2006

On 17/07/06, Shanon Mulley <shanonmulleyster at gmail.com> wrote:
> No - if you are going to do anything, you have to write real life letters.
>
> Emails will do little, and an online petition will do even less.
> (seriously - how much effort are they to make? - very little).

This is true. I can confirm that every letter you send to an
Australian Government department is read, and if you request it,
you'll more than likely get a reply (probably in a few more weeks than
you'd like). The better-organised departments have tracking systems,
much like logistics companies, to make sure it gets to the right
person and that you get a decent answer, etc. etc... But yeah, pretty
much whoever you send it to, if you take the effort, your letters will
get read.

(How do I know this? Let's just say... I know this.)

 -T.