[mythtv-users] Australian TV Guides & rattling your member's cages

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 05:57:45 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been thinking that perhaps it might be worthwhile writing to
> Helen Coonan, the minister responsible for communication & TV, about
> these issues. It could be made part of the licensing conditions that
> TV stations provide a timely & accurate source of program information,
> as more & more people are moving to PVRs. I can't be the only one
> annoyed by the way that execrable "Big Brother" overuns its
> timeslot.The Govt is in the middle of making something of a fuss about
> digital TV, so a letter writing campaign may have some effect.

Oh, don't get me started on crap like over-running TV shows and other
such stuff that annoys me.

I have a number of topics that I should write letters to politicians
it isn't funny, but if I actually did, I am sure to be labelled a
'crackpot'!

That said, I do support the idea and if it was just a case of me
signing my name or forwarding an email to my MP, count me in. :)

Cheers,
Whytey

PS - FTR, the other big thing that annoys me is the cost of mobile
data around here; GPRS, 3G etc.  Surely it doesn't cost Optus $5 for
evey 4MB of data I use!  Anyways, I should rant about that here.