[mythtv-users] PVR-150 defaulting to /dev/video1

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 23:09:15 UTC 2006

> I have a a HD3000 and a PVR-150, and I know the 150 should be /dev/video0
> but it's defaulting to /dev/video1.  How do i set it to default to
> /dev/video0?  Setting it up in mythtvsetup i can set it to /dev/video1 no
> problem...but then it seems to only work on the first channel it's set on.
> If i try and change the channel it crashes on me and i'm pretty sure it's
> becuase it tries to change the channel on the card assinged /dev/video0. I
> know i can manually change the channel using ivtvctl -d but how do i set
> it
> up in myth to always use /dev/video1??
>
> any help would be appreciated.

I don't know what driver your HD-3000 card uses, but make sure that the
PVR-150 driver (ivtv) loads before it - then it will get /dev/video0.

Your PVR-150 does not have to be on /dev/video0 - I have a DViCO
FusionHDTV 5 Lite that is on /dev/video0 (the analog portion) and my
PVR-500 is on /dev/video1 and /dev/video2 - with no problems.

I would suggest that you look at the setup of the PVR-150 in mythtv-setup,
and make sure that you're actually setting it to /dev/video1, and that
you're using the correct input under the Input Connections section.

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com