[mythtv-users] soundblaster live with digital out

Will Constable willconstable at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 15:58:01 UTC 2006

Can anyone tell me if there might be a way to get an old sound blaster live
5.1 x Gamer card to pass 5.1 dolby digital or dts tracks from mPlayer to a
decoder via the spdif coax plug on the card?  I have been ripping my dvds
with some setting that believed left the uncompressed 5.1 sound in the
ripped file along with the compressed video, but I don't really know what
I'm talking about so I might either misunderstand the process or have set
something wrong.  I haven't tried anything with the digital out at all-come
to think of it it could be enabled by default, but for some reason I was
under the impression that I had to write an asndsrc config or something and
probably get different drivers before there was even hope.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Will