[mythtv-users] Delete after transcoding

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Sat Jul 15 00:30:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 04:36 am, raptorjr wrote:
> Is there a good reason for having the delete original recording after
> transcoding option
> in the backend settings and not in the transcoding profile setting in the
> frontend?
I suppose it keeps the backend secure, that is all data recorded is secure and
only the admin should have the power to delete or change anything to do with
the backend. If it's running in an office environment the backend should be
kept secure.

> And another thing. Is there any plans of having the mythtv-setup integrated
> in the
> frontend settings, maybe with a password, so i dont have to start another
> setup
> program when i want to change any of those settings? And the possibility to
> change
> settings without having to restart the backend?
I run the backend and frontend on the same machine. I use it for home use so
there is no need to have passwords or keep the backend secure.

>  Would be really nice to be able to do everything from one place.
I agree
Darren

--
Peace Bro