[mythtv-users] Mythtv .19 live watching

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jul 15 00:02:57 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>> On Friday 14 July 2006 3:41 am, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:
>>

>> Let's repeat:
>>
>> The normal user has a full drive _all_ the time.
>>

> Which shows we are not equal, and i am apparently not normal ;-)
>
> Running myth now for more than 2 yr. Mythstorage partition
> currently at
> about 70%.
> When it goes over 95% (will take some time to reach again since last
> disk upgrade, now at 1.1T), some of us here in the household take a
> good
> look at old recordings.... and do some housecleaning.

Agreed. I have never run out of storage space. I simply keep an eye
on it and delete as necessary, sometimes after burning shows to DVD,
sometimes after moving them to another storage system, and sometimes
after simply deciding I don't need to keep something.

Drive space is a limited resource like any other. I wonder if the
folks who are constantly running out have problems with other things
like money in their bank accounts, food in their refrigerators, gas
in their cars or other limited resources that we all have to
manage ? :-)