[mythtv-users] How is the Mac mini as a front-end?

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 15:45:34 UTC 2006

I tend to think the integrated video is just not sending a signal
(DVI -> HDMI via an adaptor, btw) the TV understands immediately.
I'd guess it's the TV trying to understand the signal it's being
sent, finally "getting it" and displaying properly.  The amount of
time it takes for the image to stabilize is not fixed - some times it
dials in quickly, sometimes it takes a maddening long amount of time.

I don't know about any discussions about optimizing the Intel build.
The mythtv wiki on the subject is a little quiet.

I'm running an MMX-enabled 0.19 fixes build