[mythtv-users] hiccups loading DVB firmware: related to HD3000 troubles?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Jul 14 13:19:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 16:50 -0700, Patrick Mansfield wrote:

> > When your tuning didn't work, what were the symptoms? I can tune just
> > fine, I just can't capture without a lot of breaking up and stuttering.
>
> That sounds the same as my experience.
>
> I could tune (something close to 100% signal strength), but both live tv
> and recorded would have occasional breakup or stuttering - about every 5
> to 10 seconds.

What I am seeing is much worse than this. The breakup is pretty much
constant. Every once in  while it will hesitate long enough at a rare
moment of clarity, and I get a still shot of a very nice-looking HD
picture for a half second or so. The rest of the time the picture is all
broken up, and the sound is garbled. I hoped to solve this problem by
just using firewire instead, but I haven't been able to make that work
either (I get empty recordings 95% of the time).

--Greg