[mythtv-users] How is the Mac mini as a front-end?

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Thu Jul 13 20:20:30 UTC 2006

>>> Don't know. I am using S-Video at 720x576.
>>
>> Any chance you have access to an HDTV capable display that you could
>> "test" the DVI output on to see if it can drive a 1080 (i or p)
>> signal?
>>
>> If not, does anyone else with a working Mac Mini Myth setup have
>> access to and/or are using this setup?
>>
>> -Chad
>
> This would be nice to know, also Solo core vs. Dual core.

I've played back 1080i stuff on my core duo mini directly to a 1280x1024
DVI monitor over 802.11g (ok don't laugh, I just haven't strung wire yet)
My cable company compresses the hell out of the signal, so it's /almost/
low enough bandwidth for the 802.11g.

What I'm saying is that it stuttered quite a bit, but I'm pretty sure it
was the network.  I'll try testing it out with a wired connection and get
back to you.

Greg